Our June Forum, held by webinar, will follow the usual format where we have a discussion topic, followed by COPE members' cases presented for discussion and advice from all those participating in the Forum.
The Forum will run from 4pm to 5.30pm BST.
Registration is now open to COPE members
Members can register to attend the Forum The deadline to register is Monday 1 June 2020
Our discussion topic for this June Forum will be what peer review means in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. We invite comments on the discussion topic whether or not you are planning on attending the Forum, from both members and non-members.
Forum agenda and minutes
1. Update on COPE activities by the Chair
2. Forum discussion: What peer review means in the arts, humanities and social sciences. Are there differences in gender and diversity issues in these disciplines in peer review from others?
3. New cases on the following:
- Is approval needed for a social media survey?
- Ethics approval for survey design
- Author displays bullying behaviour towards handling editor
- Author admits failure to credit other authors
4. Updates to cases previously brought to the COPE Forum