COPE Forum: Monday 11 February 2019
Register for the next online COPE Forum, Monday 11 February 2019, 4pm-5.30pm (GMT).
All members are welcome to join this Forum which will be held by webinar. It follows the usual format where members' cases are presented for discussion and advice from all those participating in the Forum. The Forum Discussion is "Diversity and inclusion in research publishing".
Deadline to register: Friday 8 February
Forum agenda and materials
1. Update on COPE activities by the Chair
2. Forum discussion: Diversity and inclusion in research publishing
3. New cases
- 19-01 Reviewer requesting addition of multiple citations of their own work
- 19-02 Dispute arising from peer review of a rejected comment and published correction
- 19-03 Possible plagiarism
- 19-04 Suspected plagiarism
- 18-08 Scientific misconduct claim from a whistleblower where the institution will not investigate
- 18-13 Self-plagiarism and suspected salami publishing
- 18-15 Peer reviewer contacted by author
- 18-17 Victim of article theft wants correction to list their name, not retraction