Facilitation and Integrity at COPE: prevention, education and best practices in publication ethics
21 April 2021, online workshop, COPE members only
16:00-17:30 British Summer Time (UTC + 1) Find out what time this is in your country
COPE is delighted to announce an online workshop which looks at the lessons that can be learnt from issues of concern raised to COPE's Facilitation and Integrity subcommittee. At the workshop we will:
- discuss the framework within which the Facilitation and Integrity subcommittee operates
- provide an overview of the types of issues handled by the subcommittee
- work through anonymised cases illustrating the issues of concern that are handled within the subcommittee
- share lessons learned from the subcommittee’s work
- attendees can share experiences and provide feedback on how the subcommittee can best work with our members.
So join us for the workshop where we'll create an online environment for attendees to share ideas and experience, in confidence, and learn best practices.
The workshop will be online on the Zoom platform and will follow this format:
- we begin the sessions together then break out into smaller groups, each facilitated by a COPE Council Member.
- in the small groups everyone has a chance to discuss the cases and express their views on how to resolve the issues arising from the discussion
- we then come back together where representatives from each group feed back key points raised.
This is an interactive session so please come prepared to participate in the discussion.
Tara Hoke is General Counsel for the American Society of Civil Engineers, publisher of 35 peer-reviewed journals in the subject of civil engineering research and practice. Tara is also COPE Secretary and Trustee, and Chair of the Facilitation and Integrity subcommittee.
Iratxe Puebla is COPE’s Facilitation and Integrity Officer, supporting the administration of the Facilitation and Integrity subcommittee.
COPE Members only
Register for the COPE workshop by completing the form below. The workshop is free and available for COPE members only.
Please note, spaces are limited to the first 50 applicants; only those registered will be able to attend the workshop. You will receive an email to confirm your registration. A link to join the workshop will be sent the day before the event. If oversubscribed, a waiting list will be set up. We ask that you let us know if your plans change and you cannot attend so that we can allocate your place to someone else.
Registration is limited to 2 people per journal or company. Additional people may be accommodated if there are spaces available. Please contact the COPE Administrator to check availability.
Parts of the event will be recorded for internal purposes to help us plan future workshops. Please use the form below to indicate your consent.