The Institute of Slavic Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences (ISS PAS) was founded in 1954. The Institute carries out interdisciplinary studies on the languages, literatures, culture, history and national structures of Slavic countries. It has occupied top position in the rankings of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the Polish Academy of Sciences for many years, which reflects its significant scientific achievements.
Our Institute performs research in the following seven fields:
- Cultural heritage of Slavic peoples
- Cultural and regional identities of Slavs. Ideas, myths and public history
- Multiculturalism, multilingualism, linguistic and cultural exchange. Linguistic, ethnic and religious minorities
- Slavic ethnolinguistics. Research on the linguistic view of the world
- Synchronic linguistics: comparative studies, semantics, cognitive linguistics, corpus linguistics
- Modern scientific information systems
- Minor Languages, Minor Literatures, Minor Cultures (Transcultural Identities)
The Institute of Slavic Studies often engages in co-operation with other scientific facilities in Poland and abroad. Jointly with other scientific institutions, we run various research projects, organize conferences, publish journals and books, offer Ph.D. studies and internships for young scholars.
The Institute consists of the following departments: Linguistics, Literature and Cultural Studies, History, as well as Nationality Studies.
Contact to the publisher
Institute of Slavic Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences
Bartoszewicza 1b / 17
00-337 Warsaw, Poland
email: [email protected]