Become a member
Signing up to COPE shows that your journal (or company) intends to follow the highest standards of publication ethics and that you will follow the Code of Conduct for Journal Editors. By joining COPE you will help support our work in promoting publication ethics and providing advice for editors and publishers.
Benefits of Membership
COPE members can:
- receive advice on individual cases via the Forum (bringing cases in person or by phone)
- attend the annual seminar (free for members)
- access the eLearning package
- use the ethical audit tool to see how well their journals match COPE’s guidelines
- use the COPE logo in their journal
- apply for COPE research grants
- stand for election to COPE Council
as well as using the other resources available to members and non-members including the:
- Code of Conduct for Journal Editors
- Code of Conduct for Publishers
- Best Practice guidelines
- sample letters
- cases database
- podcasts of forum discussions
- retraction guidelines
- other guidelines
Who is eligible?
- Editors of peer-reviewed academic journals;
- Companies that publish peer-reviewed academic journals; and
- Individuals or companies who are not eligible to be Full Members (ie are not journal editors or publishers) but who are interested in publication ethics and are working in or associated with the publication of peer-reviewed scholarly journals (who may become Associate Members).
Current subscription rates are detailed in the PDF "Individual and Corporate Subscription rates 2013". COPE Council will always consider applications for reduced subscriptions, or subscription waivers. Our guidance and rates are detailed in the PDF "Fee reductions and waivers policy".
Contact us for any queries about membership, including details of how to apply for ASSOCIATE membership. Use the links below to apply for journal or publisher membership.