If you experience any problems when you submit the application form, please email us at [email protected].
Only publishers who publish 5 or more journals should apply for publisher membership. For 4 journals or less, please complete individual journal application forms.
All journals must be publishing for at least 1 year.
Applicants and their associated journals must agree to the COPE core principles of publication ethics as laid out in the Core Practices (https://publicationethics.org/core-practices).
Only complete forms will be considered.
How applications are assessed:
- The Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing form part of the criteria we use to evaluate publishers and journals, expecting publishers to adhere to them and follow the spirit of the principles in all aspects of their publishing operation
In addition to the Principles of Transparency, the Membership Administrator will evaluate the application by:
- Using the information and supporting documentation supplied on the application form
- Reviewing the publisher/journal website(s) to research the application
- Other sources, if deemed relevant, for example: feedback from Editorial Board members and publicly available information.
- COPE will research reports of practices that do not apply our principles of publication ethics outlines in the Core Practices.
- The Membership Administrator will supply the Membership subcommittee with all relevant documentation based on review and research of the application. The Membership subcommittee will make the final decision on membership, based on the application, the information reviewed and more subtle forms of assessment using the Membership subcommittee's experience.
- All correspondence to members is sent via email unless otherwise requested
- COPE reserves the right to withdraw membership if incorrect information is given in this form or comes to light after membership is approved.
- COPE may ask for additional information in relation to your application