UK Seminar 2011
Authorship and Falsification/Fabrication of Data
Friday 18 March 2011
9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Main Hall, Woburn House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HQ (map)
The theme of this year’s seminar is authorship and falsification/fabrication of data. Editors, authors and all those interested in improving the standard of publication ethics are welcome to attend. The full programme will be available shortly.
The seminar will include invited talks on:
- Systematic review of authorship research across research disciplines by Ana Marusic, Editor-in-Chief, Croatian Medical Journal
- The bulk of the iceberg, and what journals can do about it, Danielle Fanelli from the Institute for the Study of Science Technology and Innovation, Edinburgh
- 'Who shall judge': authorship, attribution and accountability, Lance Small, Editor, Communications in Algebra
In addition, there will be:
- Break out sessions in the afternoon with discussion of related cases.
- A panel discussion.
- Opportunities to network with other editors and share your experiences and challenges.
The seminar is free for COPE members and £300 for non-members. Numbers are limited and early booking is advisable. To register, please complete the registration form below. The closing date for registration is 4 MARCH 2011.