Online cases workshop for COPE members only
Wednesday 10 February 2021
15:00-16:30pm (GMT); 10.00-11.30am (EST)
Wednesday 24 February 2021
09:00-10:30am (GMT); 17.00-18.30pm (AWST); 20.00-21.30pm (AEDT)
Following on from the success of our virtual workshops last year, COPE is delighted to announce an online workshop on authorship on two dates, at different times, to reach members in different time zones. The workshop will work through real cases raised by COPE Members to identify issues related to authorship and how to handle them.
Join us for the workshop where we'll create an online environment for attendees to share ideas, experience, and suggest next steps for each case.
"The more we can share ideas and learn about what has been done before, the better!" COPE Member
The workshop will be online on the Zoom platform and will follow this format:
- we begin the sessions together then break out into smaller groups, each facilitated by a chair (COPE Council Member)
- in the small groups, everyone has a chance to discuss the cases, express their views, and decide how they think the case could be resolved
- we then come back together where representatives from each group feed back key points raised.
This is an interactive session so please come prepared to participate in the discussion.
Cases for discussion
The four cases for discussion are based on real cases:
- Unable to contact an author to obtain permission to publish
- The role of the lead author
- Dispute over authorship order
- Claim to authorship in a published paper
The workshop is free for COPE members.
REGISTER for the COPE workshop that suits your time zone:
- Wednesday 10 February 2021, 15:00 - 16:30 PM (GMT); 10.00-11.30am (EST) 10 February workshop is now full
- Wednesday 24 February 2021, 09:00 - 10:30 AM (GMT); 17.00-18.30pm (AWST); 20.00-21.30pm (AEDT)