Evolving Trends in Scholarly Publishing
International Society of Managing and Technical Editors (ISMTE) have announced their September meeting is moving online. Please check their web page regularly for updates to the programme.
The meeting will include the following:
- Plenary Session - The Changing Landscape of Scholarly Publishing
- Panel Discussion: Open Data/Fair Data/Data Mandates
- Text-recycling: Context Matters
- Transparency in the publishing process
- Best Practices Graphical Abstracts
- Best Practices - Reviewer Guidelines
- Manuscript Exchange Common Approach (MECA): An Industry Effort to Simplify Cross-publication Transfer of Data and Files
- Social Media: There are many ways to use social media to promote your journal, your authors, and the research you publish
Transparency in the publishing process
COPE Council members, Trevor Lane, is speaking at this session on September 14, 3:45 - 4:45pm (AEST) which will explore the implications for editors, authors and peer reviewers, of multiple factors driving the demand for greater transparency in the editorial and peer review process.