COPE Australian Seminar 2014
Publication ethics from student to professional
Melbourne, Monday 23 June 2014
Karstens Melbourne Conference Rooms, 123 Queen Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE, www.publicationethics.org) is delighted to announce its 3rd Australian Seminar, which will take place in Melbourne on Monday 23 June 2014.
The theme of the seminar is “Publication ethics from student to professional”, which will encompass the lifespan issues faced at different developmental points, from students to editors to universities/institutions. Editors, publishers, authors and all those interested in publication ethics are welcome to attend. The full programme can be downloaded here.
The seminar will include invited talks:
- Student researchers and publication ethics - TL;DR LOL ; ) - Paul Taylor and Daniel Barr, Office for Research Ethics and Integrity, University of Melbourne
- New guidelines from COPE: ethical guidelines for peer reviewers, whistle blowers and more - Dr Virginia Barbour, COPE Chair
- Ethics of data publication: same or different? - Sarah Olesen, Australian National Data Service
- Wiley Publication Ethics Booklet—Deb Wyatt, Wiley
In addition, there will be:
- Breakout workshop sessions in the afternoon with discussion of related cases.
- Opportunities to network and share your experiences and challenges.
The seminar is free for COPE members and $150 AUD for non-members. Non-members wishing to attend can contact the administrator for details on how to join COPE (http://www.publicationethics.org/contact-us).
To register, please complete the registration form below. The closing date for registration is 9 June 2014.