Voting for the 3 vacancies on COPE council is now open and will remain open until Friday 8 July 2011. An additional vacancy has arisen following a recent resignation from council and so now members can vote for their preferred 3 candidates. All Full and Associate Members are entitled to vote. Please note: there is only one vote per journal title, even for journals with multiple editors. The vote should be cast by the Member editor, who isusually the Editor-in-Chief, or otherwise by the nominated contact for the journal.
Each Full and Associate Member with voting rights is entitled to vote for UP TO 3 CANDIDATES on the ballot paper. The candidates receiving the highest numbers of votes shall be deemed elected to council.
In the event of a tied vote, the Chair of COPE shall have the casting vote. The results of the election shall be declared on the website.
The candidates for the two vacant positions are shown below together with copies of their curriculum vitae and their application letters detailing their reasons for standing for office. All are COPE members and have been so for at least a year. Please note that we are particularly hoping for new members that will complement existing Council expertise and background. The current Council can be found here http://www.publicationethics.org/about/council
- Candidate 1: Cynthia Carter. Download cv and application letter.
- Candidate 2: Bill Harrison. Download cv and application letter.
- Candidate 3: Charley Miao. Download cv and application letter.
- Candidate 4: Jigisha Patel. Download cv and application letter.
- Candidate 5: Charon Pierson. Download cv and application letter.
- Candidate 6: Lars Ole Sauerberg. Download cv and application letter.