COPE is primarily a forum for Editors and Publishers of Scholarly Journals. The following resources may be particularly useful for Editors, both new and experienced.
Both members and non-members can access our:
- A Short Guide to Ethical Editing for New Editors is a short guide which aims to summarize key issues for new editors, and to provide links to relevant pages of the COPE website as well as those of other organisations.
- Archive of Cases
- Code of Conduct and Best Practice for Editors
- Flowcharts - to take you step by step through the most common publication ethics situations
- Our guidelines on retraction
- Our news and opinion section
- Our monthly newsletter
Member Editors can also access: